Wednesday

Injury Strikes Again - Ramnaresh Sarwan

They say that lightning does not strike in the same place twice but injury has struck in my direction three times in the past seven months. First it was my instep in Pakistan, then my finger in Guyana and now my shoulder in England.

As you probably know by now I had an awkward and nasty fall during the third session of the first day's play at Headingley while chasing a ball down to the boundary. I have injured my right acromioclavicular joint (otherwise known as the AC joint) and had to undergo scans to determine the extent of the injury. The results are still being analyzed and I was unable to bat in the first innings and will only bat if absolutely necessary in the second innings.

My right hand has been in a sling since the injury with limited movement thus far and I have been feeling discomfort and some pain. Any injury can be frustrating, but one after the other can be especially frustrating.

Sleeping last night was very difficult not only because of the injury but also because of how we performed on the field letting England score freely again.

Tonight is likely to be more of the same since we did not do very well in the first innings and are now following on.

No decision has been taken about my availability for the rest of the series. That decision will be taken at the end of this Test match.

This performance so far has been disappointing to all of us. We played relatively well at Lord's in the first Test and then came here and performed badly especially with the bat. Having said that I have a lot of confidence in the guys to pull out something very special tomorrow and onwards.

I think we did not analyze the conditions at Headingley well enough. The conditions were certainly more conducive to seam bowling when England bowled.

In the second innings it is important that we try and achieve the small goals we've set ourselves by achieving partnerships and when individuals get starts they need to on and get big scores. If we can do that we will certainly make England bat again.

No comments: