Monday

"Much Hard Work To Be Done" - Ramnaresh Sarwan


I have to start by congratulating the West Indies Players Association for the wonderful Annual Awards Ceremony in Barbados.

I am happy for the president, Mr. Dinanath Ramnarine and obviously for winning the One Day player of the year award as well. As you would be aware we have had five days in camp in Kingston Jamaica. Not all of the team are here yet so it has been slightly indifferent. However, you still have to make the best use of the time spent together with the players. Nevertheless, we are together now as a full unit.

In camp I have been batting in the nets against spin bowlers just to be on the safe side. I've started to bat against spin and gradually groove myself back into full batting. I'm really looking forward to our first warm up game against Kenya on the 5th of March due to the fact that I haven't played cricket for some time. It will be an opportunity to get some sort of match practice.

Additionally, in order to get myself ready for the big opening game on the 13th I will have to work very hard during the remaining net sessions because I haven't had much proper practice. We arrived today in Montego Bay and it's the fastest I've ever cleared immigration which is an excellent early sign for the organizers of the Cricket World Cup. I do hope it continues throughout the rest of the tournament.

I am particularly looking forward to the opening ceremony on the 11th of March at the new stadium in Trelawny, it's the first ever World Cup being held in the Caribbean and it would be a memorable moment that I will cherish for the rest of my life. I really enjoyed the opening ceremony in my first World Cup in South Africa and I am sure we will put on an even better show.

No comments: